Executive Account Manager
Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
We’re looking for an Executive Account Manager to join the team.
Does this sound like a good role for you?
In this role you would be responsible for maintaining, strengthening, and growing relationships with key customers and in addition potential responsibility for specific key technologies. As a team member of the Synopsys Global Account team, the Executive Account Manager drives sales to obtain revenue and booking goals by working directly and through the account sales team to build pipeline and expand usage and business growth. Emphasis is placed on the ability to act as a liaison/program manager working closely with R&D, Product Marketing and Application Engineers to address and satisfy customer requirements. The Executive Account Manager will create short and long term growth opportunities by building relationships with key executive and technical managers of existing, potential and new customers. The qualified individual must have the ability to aim high and help drive multi-million dollar, complex technical sales campaigns. Responsibilities include:
- Serving as the primary account manager for major business units in the selected account
- Serving as the primary technical sales contact for specific technologies
- Working in a team environment with Global Account Managers, Sales Managers, TSSM’s , Executive Account Managers, Applications Consultants, Corporate Applications Engineers, Marketing and R&D to meet and exceed established objectives of the account team
- Account planning, project management, forecasting, lead generation, prospecting, qualifying and delivery of sales presentations and proposals to either new or existing customers. Also, responding to information requests and inquiries from executives and global team members
- Driving and coordinating technical resources to support an understanding of the customer’s verification challenges and needs
- Evaluating products, developing a solution proposal, and closing business with the customer, through managing the complete sales opportunity and process
- Developing long-term business opportunities within global customers by creating a close relationship with key decision makers within the account base
- Coordinating the preparation of written proposals and interfacing with internal organizations such as business units, legal, finance, and order processing for the purpose of closing business
- Developing and directing complex technical sales plans, which may involve competitive displacements or creative business solutions to meet or exceed pre-established quotas and account initiatives
- BS/MS in EE with a minimum of 5 years related experience in technical selling or business development
- A good understanding of the EDA market, tools flows & methodologies, strong communication skills, and the ability to interact with executives, engineering management and financial staff at all levels
- Ability to grasp complex technical data and to communicate to a broad range of technical and non-technical people
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.
The base salary range across the U.S. for this role is between $111,000-$194,000. In addition, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus, equity, and other discretionary bonuses. Synopsys offers comprehensive health, wellness, and financial benefits as part of a of a competitive total rewards package. The actual compensation offered will be based on a number of job-related factors, including location, skills, experience, and education. Your recruiter can share more specific details on the total rewards package upon request.
Powering the New Era of Smart Everything—from Silicon to Software