Sales Development Representative
Sales Development Representative:
Are you passionate about helping diverse organizations exceed their goals and expand their reach through software solutions? Do you have a strong desire to begin or continue your career in software sales? Are you ready to contribute to Blackbaud’s vision, “to power an Ecosystem of Good?”
If yes, Blackbaud’s Sales Development Representative role is one we encourage you to apply for!
About the Sales Development Representative role:
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) helps generate sales for Prospecting Account Executives (AE’s). The SDR is responsible for effectively and efficiently researching, engaging, and connecting prospective customers to the sales team to drive “top of the sales funnel” activity and help generate pipeline. In addition to prospecting sales opportunities in the market, the SDR will collaborate with AE’s on targeted lists, planning outreach, and building prospect pools. The SDR role is critical in surfacing new opportunities for our sales team. Given this, the SDR role is a quota-bearing role. The SDR’s Quotas will include monthly goals for the scheduling of qualified initial sales meetings (Discovery Calls) led by an AE and building pipeline on prospect accounts.
For strong performers, we have a rigorous upskilling and development program to prepare SDRs to enter our Sales Academy, leading to future quota-bearing roles such as Commercial Account Executive.
What you'll be doing:
- Contact by phone or email a high volume of prospected leads per day to initiate conversation, present the value of products and solutions, and qualify prospects to move on to a discovery call with an Account Executive
- Research to engage market prospects that fit the ideal customer profile based on targeted market, and identify relevant internal company contacts for targeted outreach
- Research and identify prospects’ business needs and confirm our ability to address them using available digital learning solutions and or software.
- Adapt messaging to prospects based on needs and areas of interests, while highlighting relevant industry trends and Blackbaud’s diverse business solutions
- Generate demand for Blackbaud products and solutions through the creation and adaption of targeted email campaigns that reach highly relevant audiences
- Record and maintain outreach records in Salesforce system up-to-date contact information and notes for all Prospect contacts.
- Track and report on individual progress to monthly and quarterly goals for initial sales meetings and pipeline sourced
- Meet regularly (weekly or biweekly) with your assigned Account Executives and communicate timely and accurately with the team to provide updates on weekly outreach activity, successes, and additional areas and prospects to target
- Additional professional development opportunities including shadowing, training and certification of key activities and skills across the sales process (discovery, demos, relationship engagement calls) to prepare strong performers for next commercial steps as Account Executives or Account Managers
- Other job-related duties as assigned
What we’ll want you to have:
- Previous experience or knowledge of high-volume outbound contact (email & phone) in a sales environment
- Previous experience or knowledge of technical or software product sales is a plus
- Familiarity with sales tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesloft, Consensus, and Salesforce is a plus
- Track record of quota and or measurable goal achievement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Goal & growth mindset with the ability to seek out and apply coaching feedback regarding sales skills
- Desire to grow and continue on as a sales professional
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebookand YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
A notice to candidates: Recruitment Fraudulent Alert: Your personal information and online safety as a candidate mean a lot to us! At Blackbaud and our portfolio of companies, recruiters only direct candidates to apply through our official careers page at https://careers.blackbaud.com/us/en or our official LinkedIn page. Recruiters will never request payments, ask for financial account information or sensitive information like social security numbers, or conduct interviews via Skype. Anyone suggesting otherwise is not a representative of Blackbaud. If you are unsure if a message is from Blackbaud, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The starting base salary and annual proposed commission is $46,100.00 to $58,300.00. Blackbaud may pay more or less based on employee qualifications, market value, sales quota, Company finances, and other operational considerations.Benefits Include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote-first workforce
- 401(k) program with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Generous Parental Leave
- Volunteer for vacation
- Opportunities to connect to build community and belonging
- Pet insurance, legal and identity protection
- Tuition reimbursement program
Your application has been successfully submitted.