Inbound Sales Development Representative
Are you intellectually curious, willing to learn, and enticed by a fast-paced, hyper-growth company? At Asana, we’re passionate about our people: we provide mentorship, career-development, and we promote from within. As a Sales Development Representative, your role is to lay the foundation for our Sales team by engaging with existing Asana users, as well as new contacts associated with high value accounts. Using outreach emails, phone calls, and social media, you will connect with these targeted contacts using the best possible messaging. You will be an Asana brand ambassador, acting as the foundational entry-point for our customers, guiding them through their initial interactions with our sales teams. As an SDR, you’re on the promotional fast-track within the Asana sales organization. This is a great opportunity to learn the fundamentals of sales and work with a product-centric team that is perfecting a newer (and more profitable) technology sales engine.
What You’ll Achieve
- Achieve and exceed weekly/monthly metrics. Your primary accountability is to convert inbound leads including trials, events, web forms and MQL’s to sales qualified opportunities to generate pipeline qualified pipeline for Asana
- Researching prospects and companies to personalize messages for top tier inbound leads.
- Prospect into leads through a variety of channels including email, outbound phone calls (40+ dials per day) and social
- Provide clear and actionable feedback to Sales Development, Marketing, and Demand Generation management based on your frontline experience.
- Participate in team huddles to celebrate wins, share best practices and brainstorm solutions to challenge
- Provide a great customer experience for Asana’s prospective customers
- Conduct qualification meetings with new prospects
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in Salesforce
- 1 year experience in inbound or outbound sales development with an Interest in growing into a career in Software Sales (SaaS) or other business functions
- Passion for technology and an ability to speak knowledgeably about the industry
- Excellent writing skills with attention to grammar and tone
- Clear communication, a deep sense of empathy, and a commitment to integrity
- An analytical thinker who can see trends across vast amounts of data
- A self starter who can diagnose inefficiencies and optimize processes to maximize results
- A commitment to learning, being adaptable, and having a great attitude
- Coachable and open to feedback
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $25.31/hour - $30.94/hour. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to ouroffice-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.