Regional Field Account Executive - End User Computing - Opportunity for Working Remotely
At VMware we live by our EPIC2 values which are Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community. Our exceptional Sales Specialists are improving our customer's journey to a mobile life and work style through our portfolio of End User Computing (EUC) Solutions. Are you passionate about a groundbreaking technology platform that is disrupting the competition and industry? You can become a member of our EUC team and be a part of this digital workspace transformation.
Working with our Americas End-User Computing (EUC) West Sales Specialist team, you will have impact with a specific named list of Large Commercial customers in the Bay Area Territory.
As a Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for driving all sales motions and increasing revenue across our dynamic and growing portfolio of Anywhere Workspace solutions for our largest customers. If you are excited by business transformation and the opportunity to be part of a team focused on providing customers with best-in-class end user solutions, this could be for you!
Your primary focus is aimed at closing larger strategic business while maintaining sustained transactional sales growth. Collaborating with the entire partner ecosystem to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions is critical. Without you and the work of your partners, the money doesn’t flow in!
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Within 30 days of employment, you will complete onboarding and understand the basics of your role and tools available to you. You will have communicated with all key counterparts, partners, and team members crucial to your role
- Within 60 days you will have reviewed key account plans with the extended teams and have met your top customers while reaching out to the others
- Within 90 days you will have the fundamentals of being able to pitch and demo the elements of the portfolio. You will have enabled your transactional channel for volume business and closed on simple use cases contributing top line growth to the business.
- Within 180 days you will complete all necessary training programs. In addition, you will have developed net new pipeline in line with our business management process.
- Within 360 days you will have achieved goals putting you on track for full year attainment specific to your region’s quota. You will have developed a pipeline of more transformative projects involving multiple business units and the broader VMware portfolio
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Strategically selling the End User Computing (Workspace One and Horizon) portfolio of products and services within a list of large named accounts in the Bay Area!
- Acting as a sales specialist to the VMware core sales team (Client Executives), contributing to the specific End User Computing sales strategy, and executing those sales efforts.
- Increasing customer spending through ‘Whitespace’ and ‘Wallet share’ selling motions in assigned geographies.
- Coordinating within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as PreSales Systems Engineers, Client Executives, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, Channel Management and external partners.
- Advancing EUC sales opportunities through the entire sales cycle and matching the VMware End User Computing solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements.
- Building pipeline of new EUC opportunities within the assigned named accounts.
- Accurately forecast license bookings, specific products revenue, PSO bookings and new accounts on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis via Salesforce.com.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager is Cate Landry – Regional Director, EUC Sales Commercial West. Cate is a great coach for her team, a deeply engaged manager and interested in the growth of her people and the EUC business in the West. She is a strong business partner with her cross functional counterparts and a trusted advisor to our customers. She is enthusiastic and genuinely appreciative for her career at VMware.
Remote: This position is fully remote but will need to be located in the Bay Area. The travel could be up to 50% to our Bay Area customer base.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2023-02-23
Sales: VMware’s Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware’s portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can grow your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that’s turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.