Manager, Strategic Account Management (Events & Services)
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Strategic Go-to-Market organization is looking for A customer-facing leader to manage our Strategic Account Managers within our US Events & Services team. The team is focused on the retention and growth of Square’s largest sellers and partners closely with deal teams to establish new sellers from Strategic Sales.
You will support and continue to build a data-driven and motivated team whose efforts will continue Square's journey up-market within the live events (e.g. sports stadiums & music venues) and services (e.g. health & beauty) verticals. You will directly manage 5-7 Strategic Account Managers while directing the overall revenue retention of your vertical’s portfolio. You will provide 1:1 coaching and performance management for Square’s most senior Account Managers. You will help develop processes and insights to grow the team today and influence program design for the future. You will identify and help build ongoing training programs, as well as influence the tooling Account Managers need for success. You will also manage impactful cross-functional projects for the greater company.
In addition to lengthy experience as a high performing individual contributor solutioning within the mid-market or enterprise segment, you will have recent experience coaching and developing talent. You will also have experience leading projects, driving revenue growth, and advocating internally for customers. Stand-out candidates find their energy from coaching talent and generally feel comfortable operating in the unknown.
- Lead a distributed team of up to 5-7 senior Account Managers focused on events & services sellers
- Consistently achieve positive revenue outcomes while maintaining a high return on investment
- Provide 1:1 coaching and performance management to your team members
- Serve as an escalation point for customer challenges
- Act as the primary Upmarket events and services expert and engage with product teams to serve as the customer voice for upmarket sellers
- Create operational efficiencies through stream-lined repeatable processes
- Foster cross-functional collaboration through beta programs, co-marketing, product insights and more
- 5-6+ years total experience in Business Development, Sales or Account Management
- 2+ years experience directly managing metrics-driven customer-facing teams within a high-growth technology company
- 2+ years experience working within health & beauty or live events
- Experience identifying opportunities and independently developing plans of action on behalf of your team
- Excellent written communication for all audiences, including internal senior stakeholders
- Experience working cross-functionally with product teams to serve as the voice of the customer
- Experience serving as a direct senior escalation point for customers to diffuse challenges and identify mutual wins
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $156,500 - USD $191,300
Zone B: USD $145,600 - USD $177,900
Zone C: USD $137,700 - USD $168,300
Zone D: USD $133,000 - USD $162,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Your application has been successfully submitted.