Regional Sales Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about technology and making your customers successful, and do you have the ability to articulate the value and return on investment of an enterprise solution across multiple decision-makers? If yes, this could be the role for you!
We are seeking a hardworking, results-oriented, sales professional to drive revenue growth calling on large enterprise accounts.
Regional Sales Managers are individual contributors who play a vital role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
We provide our reps with an environment in which they can make valuable contributions from day one while also building opportunities for learning and growth. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
You will establish a vision and plan to guide your long-term approach to pipeline generation. You will consistently deliver license, support, and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines. In addition, you will:
- Land, adopt, expand, and deepen sales opportunities.
- Explore the full spectrum of relationships and business possibilities across the client’s entire org chart.
- Become known as a thought-leader in machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Expand relationships and orchestrate complex deals across more diverse business stake-holders.
- Holistically embrace, access, and utilize the channel to identify and open new, unchartered opportunities.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- Provide timely and informative input back to other corporate functions.
- 5+ years of direct sales experience selling enterprise software to large enterprises (required) in fast-growing, changing, and competitive environments.
- Previous experience utilizing partners, channels, and alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your quota.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, DevOps, security, business applications, and/or analytics. Subscription, SaaS, or Cloud software experience is preferred.
- Consistent track record of new business development and over achieving sales targets with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Strong executive presence and polish, and excellent listening skills.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of Force Management, MEDDPICC, and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the On Target Earnings (OTE) ranges are guidelines and for candidates who receive an offer, the OTE pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to OTE, this role is eligible for benefits, and may be eligible for equity
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering here.
OTE Pay Ranges
For sales roles the ranges are expressed as On Target Earning or OTE (OTE = base + incentives in the form of sales incentive plans).
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
On Target Earnings: $272,000 - 374,000 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), New York (excludes NYC Metro Area), and all other states.
On Target Earnings: $260,000 - 357,500 per year
Your application has been successfully submitted.