Regional Sales Manager (FDA, HRSA, IHS)
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for managing, expanding and growing territories for Splunk Federal Civilian (FDA, HRSA & IHA). You will use your sales consulting, hunter, SME and leadership skills to prospect, and conduct lead generation techniques and sell Splunk's award winning software into well-known/brand named companies. You have a consistent record of success selling software or services and in building beneficial, positive relationships with customers.
- Inbound lead follow-up and status update through the company CRM system
- Outbound prospecting/Lead generation
- Qualify inbound and outbound leads
- Schedule product demos for qualified customers
- Run accounts by building and encouraging client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals
- Partner with a field representative
- Support attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Lives, our National Users Conference and all regional trade shows.
- 8 plus years selling into selling SaaS enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance)
- Minimum of 3 year closing enterprise software in Federal Civilian space.
- Experience with prospecting, account management within Federal Civilian a must (plus if you have FDA, HRSA, IHA or IAB sales experience) and ability to show value after the sale
- Consultative sales experience and challenging companies/businesses to think differently
- Successful in finding and uncovering new opportunities with prospects and existing business, cold calling and hunting for business
- Own and handled the entire sales process and cycle from start to finish
- Consistent track record of exceeding goals and quota
- A logical and analytical thinker & demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong technical proficiency
- Strong digital literacy – CRM system, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills with the proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter able to work independently but also a contributing member of a team
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree Marketing or Science, or equivalent experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Location: Washington DC area (travel to customers in the DC area is required and this is not a remote location)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.