Sr. Federal Government Account Executive, US Navy and Marine Corps
Nice to meet you!
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence – and questions into answers.
We’re also a debt-free multi-billion-dollar organization on our path to an Initial Public Offering (IPO) in 2024. If you’re looking for a dynamic, fulfilling career coupled with flexibility and world-class employee experience, you’ll find it here.
What we do:
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
SAS has proudly helped our customers solve complex business issues with our world class analytics for more than 40 years. SAS employees around the world provide unparalleled technical acumen and domain expertise, and collectively contribute to SAS’ acclaimed culture of innovation. We have a workplace like no other. We believe in stimulating work, an empowering management philosophy where you are encouraged to take risks and an inspiring workplace where creativity thrives.
SAS is seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our growing Federal Sales division as an Account Executive. As a Federal Account Executive, you will be responsible for sales of SAS software solutions and services. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of experience and relationships to identify and pursue opportunities where SAS’ portfolio of analytics and big data solutions can drive better outcomes for the DoD. We are considering candidates with Federal sales experience in the US Navy and USMC. This position will be responsible for driving new business, developing a strategic account plan, executing on this plan, and working with the broader team to grow both software and consulting revenue.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Working to identify, prospect, qualify and drive strategic sales opportunities for SAS within the US Army and Department of Defense (DoD) agencies.
- Development of a Strategic Plan for growing the SAS’ DoD footprint based on a comprehensive opportunity analysis which should consider market, policy, and political dynamics, relationships, agency budgets and priorities, compelling business needs, and SAS Federal contracting arrangements.
- Determine the key functional and business areas and SAS solution areas that are of the highest value to pursue, and then developing and executing sales plans to build new business opportunities and close revenue.
- Working with appropriate internal SAS support teams to assemble and generate information including but not limited to white papers, RFX responses and other demonstration documents to shape or pursue new or existing opportunities, in addition to providing standard quotations and proposal information as needed.
- Working with other internal SAS personnel to create and finalize contracts and sales fulfillment requirements in accordance with distinctive and at times unique customer acquisition and term requirements, and assisting other SAS departments as they seek to understand/justify any nonstandard elements or requirements associated with our DOD and IC customers
- Accurately forecast opportunity timeframes to close business, while providing best possible visibility into agency decision-making and processes
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- In addition to sales and strategic engagements with all levels of decision-makers, this individual must be comfortable coordinating with multiple groups and teams internal to SAS to shape and adapt to new areas, problems, requirements, and solutions concepts.
- This leader must also be comfortable working with SAS Management to direct and manage external consulting or lobbying resources.
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 3 years of proven, successful software sales experience or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, presentational, and organizational skills
- Individual must be able to communicate clearly, and work with industry domain, business development, pre-sales, delivery, and legal and R&D team members as directed in order to properly explain, develop and secure the appropriate types of business engagements, agreements and structures to bolster SAS’ ability to be successful and innovative in the Defense and Intel marketspace.
- Ability to grasp and/or have experience in the big data/analytics space
- Ability to analyze and evaluate account dynamics, develop a sales plan, and accurately forecast sales.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a member of a team
- Work Location: Must live in the DC Metro area.
- Builds trusted relationships with a variety of essential customer and influencer constituencies to forge strong position in the market. This may include relationship development and management with key decision-makers, leaders, management personnel and users within our U.S. Government client agencies, as well as with influencer groups in the space
- Consistently identifies creative ways to get past obstacles in the way of goals
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate emergent mission requirements and guide SAS to meet ever-changing demands, and stay ahead of and shape formative trends
- Produces effective plans that include contingency plans for the unexpected problems, situations, or scenarios.
- Understanding of and ability to influence, communicate & position industry best practices and trends.
- Ability to relate current DoD issues and initiatives to SAS offerings.
- This leader must be passionate about SAS’ alignment to our military and intelligence customers’ mission sets, and energized by working in a dynamic team environment, while also comfortable with direct individual accountability for and leadership of the vision, development, and execution of a sales strategy
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Candidates must have the ability to obtain a clearance. SAS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Know Your Rights. Also view the Pay Transparency notice
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.