Customer Success Manager, Enterprise
A Bit About Us
Posit creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains and generally work in R and Python.
In the Generalist team (this team works with Auto, manufacturing, retail clients and more) in Customer Success (CS), you’ll solve problems to enable data science teams to use our professional products (companies with 10,000+ employees). You will drive retention and increase adoption of our products by deeply understanding and responding to the specific needs of these customers.
Here are some of the ways you will support our customers:
- Educating users and decision-makers on Posit products
- Communicating regularly with customers about their adoption trends, sentiment, and opportunities for deeper engagement
- Managing renewal process and partnering with sales for account expansions
- Representing the voice of the customer to inform our sales process and product roadmap
- Marshaling resources across the Posit organization as needed to escalate customer issues, support customers’ needs, and to foster adoption
- Partnering with our Solutions Engineering team to ensure a successful roll-out of Posit's professional products at customers
- Finally, because of Posit’s position within the R community, you’ll contribute to, and be a champion of R, open-source data science, and our wider community of users worldwide.
A bit about you:
- You have previous experience in a similar role managing enterprise accounts
- You can identify opportunities that benefit the customer
- You are familiar with tools such as Salesforce for tracking account progress. (Other tools that would be beneficial are the Google Suite, Outreach, Scratchpad, and Confluence)
- You are interested in a non-traditional data-science oriented role involving R and Posit’s professional products
- You have an awareness of the latest trends in the broader data science field and may have experience in other analytic software (such as Python, MATLAB, SAS, or SPSS)
- You are internally driven by curiosity and continuous learning. You have proven that you can be entrusted with big decisions, and you strive to bring thoughtfulness and empathy to all of your work
- You are humble and collaborate well with other people. You thrive in team settings and exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You’re effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- You have a track record of exceeding goals successfully
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete your orientation and onboarding week
- Have a good understanding of the existing CS playbooks and processes
- Learn about our software and skills necessary to set you up for success
- Meet with other team members and stakeholders in Sales, Solution Engineering and Technical Support to understand the customer lifecycle
- Listen and learn from shadowing calls of other CSMs
Within 3 months, you will…
- Begin working directly with a portfolio of customers to ensure they are maximizing their use of the Posit solutions and realizing value
- Meet regularly with your peers, Manager, and prospective customers to become an expert on the value of our products, talk track and the Posit customer experience
- Work closely with the Sales team to identify opportunities for expansion
- Become an expert with our internal tools and processes
Within 6 months, you will…
- Execute the CS playbook to deliver success to customers, facilitate on-time renewals, and identify growth opportunities within your team’s book of business
- Meet or exceed your retention and growth targets in coordination with the CS and Sales team
- Navigate and execute most aspects of your role independently (though help is always available)
Within 12 months, you will…
- Be seen as a trusted business-advisor and Posit expert, making a significant impact on the Customer Success team
- Be considered a top-performing CSM on the team by consistently exceeding your goals.
- Set an example for new CSMs, and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new team members
Working at Posit:
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at Posit.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- Posit is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means our open-source mission is codified into our charter. As a result, our corporate decisions balance the community's interests, customers, employees, and shareholders. Hear more about why we think this mattershere.
We offer competitive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums are covered for employees and their families! Fertility and gender-affirming healthcare is included in all of our plans.
- Supplemental mental health and wellness benefits are available via Ginger even if you don’t opt in to our insurance plans, including Ginger for teen family members.
- Posit's gender-neutral paid parental leave policy covers all new parents, including foster and adoptive parents.
- All full-time employees are eligible for 401k enrollment starting on day one.
- After six months of employment, Posit matches 50% of employee contributions up to $10,250 annually.
- An annual profit-sharing bonus for employees recognizes our team’s contributions to company performance across the year.
- We are a 100% distributed team. You are also welcome to come into our Boston office.
- We offer a $400 monthly reimbursement for coworking space rental if you prefer to work away from home.
- Our Lifestyle Savings Account offers an initial deposit of $1800 and then an additional quarterly stipend of $375 to cover the costs of professional development, wellness, financial health, charitable giving, and remote work support.
- We provide a flexible environment with a generous vacation policy that encourages a minimum of four weeks PTO per year plus 13 paid company holidays.
Are you excited about this role but not sure if your experience aligns with every qualification in the job description? That’s okay. We know multiple perspectives are essential for a thriving organization and we'd still love to hear from you!
Posit is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.