Regional Director, Sales - North Central
Riverbed. Empower the Experience
Riverbed transforms data into actionable insights and accelerates performance so organizations can deliver a seamless digital experience and drive enterprise performance. Riverbed is the only company with the collective richness of telemetry from network to app to end user, that illuminates and then accelerates every digital interaction. Riverbed offers two industry-leading portfolios: Alluvio by Riverbed, a differentiated Unified Observability portfolio that unifies data, insights, and actions across IT, so customers can deliver seamless, secure digital experiences; and Riverbed Acceleration, providing fast, agile, secure acceleration of any app, over any network, to users anywhere.
Together with our thousands of partners, and market-leading customers globally – including 95% of the FORTUNE 100 –, we empower every click, every digital experience.
About this Position
Title: Regional Director, Sales
Location: Remote/Home office - Remote/Home Office - North Central (Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, North Dakota, or South Dakota
As a Regional Director, you'll lead and manage a team of Enterprise Sales and Major Account Executives, as they develop and drive sales in large enterprise accounts, throughout our North Central region.
- Within a highly matrixed organization, the RSD must be able to leverage resources to satisfy customer requirements. The RSD must further own and manage all aspects of the go-to-market model for any new product releases in their territory or business segment, including the sales model, marketing plan, support, and professional services offerings. In addition to financial and sales the RSD will also have specific quantifiable business development objectives such as channel recruitment and enablement, and customer references.
- Ability to translate complex technology solutions into business value propositions
- Direct the development and alignment of key account plans. Key deliverable: Account EX sales plans that are inclusive of means and ways to sell the entire Riverbed portfolio, consistent with Corporate and regional business development targets and financial goals.
- Execute on developed strategies and ensure that cost and revenue targets are achieved. Key deliverable: Within your assigned region, directly manage and enable your team of Enterprise Sales Executives in the effective execution of account plans and associated deliverables which clearly result in the achievement of business development targets and financial goals.
- As necessary, lead contract negotiations for critical accounts. Key deliverable: Financially sound and resource supported contracts that are clearly aligned with Riverbed’s financial objectives and guidelines while delivering value-added products, support, and professional services to meet customer requirements.
- Provide management direction and support. Key deliverable: Hire, lead, develop, retain, and motivate capable, competent, and talented salespersons
- Good understanding of major technology trends and customer initiatives.
- Ability to effectively communicate vision, plans, goals and objectives to team members.
- Experience in managing global accounts
- Strong motivator, leads from the front
- Very detailed oriented and well connected with peers around the world
- Ability to set strategy, create plans, and manage a geographically dispersed team to meet or exceed results
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and concerns to management and support
- Player coach – personally call on and develop account relationships with senior executives
- Instinctive understanding of customer service and satisfaction, with ability to manage both
- A balanced scorecard approach to each account to develop multiple recurring revenue streams across all major product lines.
- Professional Services and Support attach rates in line with company goals within the Commercial segment
- Build a short- and long-term pipeline that
- Ensures attainment of quarterly revenue goals, and
- Drives improved linearity within the quarter and
- Drives improved forecast accuracy.
- Develop strong trusted advisor relationships within the leadership of key SI, SP and VAR partners.
*Note - this is a first line management position, reporting to an Area Vice President, Sales
- 7+ years of regional sales management experience with customers of varied account sizes.
- Ability to successfully complete solo sales meetings and presentations, with little or no supervision at the highest level of an organization
- Understand the sales process, with acute listening and sales skills
- Willingness to travel, work odd hours, and be very available
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills
- BS/BA or higher-level degree in relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) strongly preferred
Why Join Riverbed
With a 20-year history of innovation, Riverbed is agile, yet proven, and we are disrupting the market with differentiated solutions that enable our customers to deliver secure, seamless digital experiences and accelerate enterprise performance While we are a ‘customer-first’ company, we are all about our people with a shared commitment to creating a global impact. We bring our best selves to work and pursue excellence, trust, and respect for one another. We welcome diversity and value and encourage transparency and open communication throughout the company. We strive to be an inclusive, fair, and enjoyable workplace for our people globally and care about their wellbeing. We are committed to our people, partners, and customers while supporting the communities where we work and live. It’s the Power of WE that binds us together.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. We understand that when people can be themselves, more is possible. We would love to have more people on board to join us on our journey to be better every day! So, come speak with us about career possibilities at Riverbed.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Riverbed encourages all of its U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, but does not presently require its U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated unless such vaccination is required by applicable law or the duties of the specific position. If a specific position requires an employee to be fully vaccinated because of either applicable law or the duties of the position, then the offer of employment will be expressly conditioned on the individual being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or prior to their start date and providing proof of such vaccination unless the individual is legally exempt.
Check us out on:
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empower the Experience