Outbound Sales Development Representative
Skilljar is helping millions of people around the world gain job-relevant skills in a constantly evolving economy. We’re delivering business outcomes for our customers, innovating in an exciting new category, and driving impact to narrow the global skills gap!
We are seeking an Outbound Sales Development Representative to join our sales team, where they will have a direct impact on building a sales pipeline to help power our excellent growth! We’re looking for a highly-collaborative, motivated, self-starter who is comfortable working cross-functionally, owning prospect outreach, and helping with the continuous improvement of processes.
As a part of our team, you will power the development and success of our Customer Education software in an exciting and emerging market. With opportunities to build creatively, learn new skills, and stretch yourself at a scaling company.
We’re looking for people who:
- Want to pursue a career in Sales coupled with a strong will to achieve. Call it what you want: grit, competitive spirit, hustle...the bottom line is this role is for anyone that wants to compete and win. What will motivate you when the going gets tough?
- Have positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills.
- Possess excellent organization skills, keen attention to detail, a love of customers, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Enjoy working in a collaboratively competitive environment. Make others around you better while achieving your own goals!
- Have insatiable curiosity and are committed to lifelong learning (growth mindset) and continuous development (i.e. be better today than you were yesterday).
- Are coachable–don’t just do what we say, but rather be self-aware and reflective, digest feedback critically, and adapt to overcome challenges.
Would you like to be responsible for:
- Creating a great first impression for customer prospects by providing them with a world-class experience.
- Researching and identifying future customer companies and contacts to find great candidates to prospect into.
- Engaging with potential customers via phone, email, LinkedIn, and chat to understand their business needs and identify the ways that Skilljar can help.
- Maintaining high engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications crafted to increase customer curiosity about Skilljar.
- Scheduling qualified meetings and developing a pipeline to fuel Skilljar’s revenue.
- Collaborating closely with Account Executives and marketing to achieve mutually aligned sales quotas each month.
- Helping the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business.
A bit more about you:
- Past success in an SDR role is strongly preferred, especially if you have previous outbound experience.
- Startup experience is a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of proven experience required.
Don’t meet every requirement? At Skilljar, we are committed to building a team that embraces a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Even if your previous experience doesn’t perfectly match the job qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
Skilljar Base Pay Philosophy:
At Skilljar, we strive for salary range transparency in our hiring process. This is a major step towards not only complying with state and local regulations where required, but also to make sure Skilljar is putting pay equity and DEIB top of mind during the hiring process. Base salary is only a part of the total rewards package - this role will also be eligible for a new hire equity grant in the form of stock options, and a sales commission. Below is the base salary for this role:
All Remote US: $52,260
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Insight Partners, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the best external Learning Management System (LMS) for educating customers and partners. We help companies drive faster adoption, grow revenue, and lower their cost to support their customers through learning. Trusted by leading customer-centric companies like Zillow, LinkedIn, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides all of the tools for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of forward-thinking, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar operates remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, and many more states.
Your application has been successfully submitted.