Education Account Executive
Panopto is seeking an experienced Higher Education Account Executive to drive new business across higher education through collaborative problem solving and excitement about our solution. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the online video space and how multimodal learning can improve academic outcomes. This position will report to the National Sales Director for Higher Education.
About the Role
As the Account Executive at Panopto you serve as the front line face of the company for prospective new clients. You will assist in driving new revenue to help grow the company, discover and assess the needs of potential new clients and present the various solutions we offer to solve those needs. You will also:
- Establish and maintain productive relationships and effective negotiations with customers at multiple levels within organizations.
- Build and manage a robust pipeline of new and upsell education opportunities, using Salesforce, with a high degree of forecast accuracy and visibility into account activity.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of a complex technology platform and launch into a demo with the end user in mind.
- Collaborate with a team to provide RFP responses.
- Manage large, complex education prospects to drive full campus deployments.
- Meet and exceed sales quotas.
- Demonstrate experience with the educational technology market.
- Navigate through various levels within a university.
- Build consensus with multiple stakeholders.
- Sell to university leadership, both administrative and academic.
- Negotiate and close new client sales, including reviewing and delivering contracts, pricing, terms and conditions.
You're passionate about the higher education community and helping solve the unique set of challenges facing that community as competition for students increases and learnings increasingly are performed online. You are curious, technically adept, able to balance a wide variety of tasks in a given workday. You enjoy collaborating with others and are diligent about documenting activities so you can easily include others in your work and allow them to get up to speed on the conversations you are engaging in. You don’t have to check all the boxes, but these are some of the skills and experiences we think are important for this role.
- Previous sales experience selling into higher education or working within a college / University environment.
- Very organized and the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- A good listener and able to ask appropriate questions to learn more about the needs of others.
- Comfortable presenting in front of others skills and a confident verbal communicator.
- Use a metrics driven approach to measure success
- Experience with Salesforce as a CRM or similar tool.
- Enjoy working independently and as a team member to identify solutions for complex and interesting obstacles
- Receptive to feedback and able to adapt to incorporate new approaches toward your work.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with regular changes happening around you.
In the spirit of pay transparency, Panopto is excited to share the salary range for this position which is $80,000- $120,000 USD per year. This salary range may include multiple levels. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance, skills, experience, and/or location. Salary is just one component of Panopto’s total compensation package for employees. For sales positions, you will earn commission based on the defined ‘on target earnings’. Your total rewards package at Panopto will include 100% employer-paid health benefits for you and your dependents, 401k match, unlimited PTO, and more. All employees participate in our annual bonus program. A full list of our total reward offerings can be found here.
Panopto is committed to pay equity and transparency. We explicitly do not negotiate salary outside of the defined range to ensure that we aren’t introducing bias that could lead to pay inequities within the team between candidates who have different negotiation tactics.
We believe that video can have a transformative effect on learning. So we built a video platform that helps businesses and universities improve the way that they train, teach, and share knowledge. Since 2007, we have been a pioneer in video capture software, video management, and inside-video-search technology. Panopto has been adopted by more than 1,500 companies and universities worldwide with over ten million end users. Today, Panopto’s video management system is the largest repository of expert learning videos in the world. Headquartered in Seattle, with offices in Pittsburgh, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Sydney, Panopto has received industry recognition for its innovation, rapid growth, and company culture.
Panopto’s mission is to help anyone share knowledge using video. Our user base is as diverse as the world’s universities and businesses. To fulfill our mission with the best products and services, we eagerly seek individuals who bring diversity of background, experience, and thought to create an engaging work environment, foster innovation and better understand and meet the needs of our users. We encourage people from underrepresented and/or marginalized backgrounds, including BIPOC, LatinX, LGBTQ+, women, and people with disabilities, to apply.
Panopto is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Panopto is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If you require accommodation for interviewing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please provide more detail on how we can further support you utilizing this form.
Candidates looking for flexible or remote-friendly positions are encouraged to apply. Employees in this position are eligible to work remotely on a permanent basis, but have the option to work out of our Seattle or Pittsburgh office. Panopto's Seattle office is located in Smith Tower in the heart of the Pioneer Square neighborhood or at our Pittsburgh office which is on the north side of Pittsburgh along the Three Rivers Heritage Trail with quick access to downtown.
Your application has been successfully submitted.