Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - Building & Construction
PSI, an Intertek company, is searching for a Business Development Manager to join our Building & Construction team in our Miami, Florida office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile business development career in the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry!
Our Value Proposition - We offer a salary and benefits package competitively placed within the local market, including:
- Base pay with the opportunity to participate in a sales incentive plan
- Paid time off and Holidays
- Medical Insurance with options and a Health Savings Account to meet your and your family’s health needs
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonuses
- An employee discount program offering great savings on the things you want
What you’ll do:
- Cultivate and mine relationships that will help us sell and Cross-sell our services to new and existing customers
- Oversee, manage, and provide client development leadership for the Miami and Fort Lauderdale offices and other assigned Territories
- This would include tracking and reporting of key market information, facilitating strategy BD meetings, motivating and training others and major project pursuit, managing key client relationships and professional organization membership and networking. The position will involve spending 60+ percent of the time face-to-face with targeted strategic Clients
- Works with local and regional operations to build client base with focus on A&E, GC, City/Municipal/Government, and Commercial/Retail Development, and other sectors
- Tracks and monitors account performance, profit center gross revenue, and maintain critical reporting excellence
- Direct and manage overall Business Development and Sales process which includes client and project pursuits, RFPs, proposals, key wins and losses, industry activities and other general BD/marketing/Sales responsibilities. Understands Intertek-PSI core services and able to discuss and negotiate service proposals and win work
- Attend professional organization, government and technical meetings/events as a representative of Intertek-PSI and coordinate/participate in these meetings and events on a regular basis
- Works with Operations to respond to client needs. This may include leading collaborative efforts across multiple offices, regions, or division.
- Research potential Clients to determine Intertek-PSI service lines needed and establish initial and follow-up contacts with identified key decision makers
- Follow up and Close on Active Proposals
- Assist with negotiation of Master Service Agreements or other client provided forms of agreement
- Experienced in facilitate strategy meetings and client pursuits teams
- Directs the activities and monitors the results of subordinate direct reports if applicable
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, higher-level degree preferred
- Experienced Outside Sales professional with proven track record preferably in the A/E/C space with 5+ years’ of Business Development experience with direct experience in environmental, geotechnical, building science and/or construction materials testing and inspections required
- Experienced and proficient presenting and selling to developers, engineers, architects and other construction industry professionals
- Knowledge of vertical, heavy civil and construction engineering markets a plus
- Experience with accounts in the South Florida market preferred
- Comfortable driving growth through accountability measured against sales quotas
- Coordinate and lead weekly sales meetings with Operational leaders within territory.
- Ability to learn and sell multiple service offerings, including, but not limited to Consulting Services, Construction Services, Geotechnical Services, Environmental Services and Building Sciences
- Proficient with CRM’s, Microsoft Office, Lead Service software and other software
- Dedicated and methodical documentation of client activities in CRM
- Proficient in managing multiple concurrent opportunities from inception to close
- Skilled identifying and opening doors with decision makers
- Skilled in interpersonal interactions with clients at multiple levels: C-Suite, Project Managers, Estimators, Project Engineers
- Leverage existing contacts to develop long term clients for Intertek PSI
- Preferred understanding of construction market buying processes
Why work at Intertek?
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services. We are ranked #13 on the 2022 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and are able to provide the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on-site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.
About the Team
The Building & Construction team provides assurance, testing, inspection, and certification services and building science solutions to deliver Total Quality Assurance to the built environment. The team offers the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We provide industry-leading training content and innovative learning technologies to engage your frontline workforce.