Sales Development Representative
UpKeep is the leading cloud-based Asset Operations Management software developed to revolutionize the way teams manage facilities and maintenance work. We provide mobile-first SaaS solutions, Industrial IoT sensors, data analytics tools, advanced enterprise integrations, and top-notch professional services. Our innovative technology is modernizing workflows and maximizing operational efficiency for over 3,000 customers including Shell, Yamaha, Unilever, McDonalds, Subway, Pepsi, and Marriott!
We're a Series B tech startup with 100+ team members across the US. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" multiple years in a row by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people have the flexibility to work remote. UpKeep is ranked the #1 Facility Management software on Gartner, #1 Maintenance Management software on G2 Crowd, FrontRunners on Software Advice, and CMMS Leader on IDC MarketScape.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be seeking new business by contacting and developing relationships with our prospective customers. You will act as a first point of contact for our company. Your primary focus is to educate and set up meetings for business to business collaborations by developing leads from marketing campaigns and creative prospecting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a key player in growing our business by producing highly effective and personalized outreach campaigns via emails and cold calls
- Engage with prospects over email, phone, and other strategic networking channels to qualify and set appointments for Account Executives
- Maintain active engagement with leads through informed, strategic, and creative follow-ups
- Partner with marketing and product to deliver effective messaging and identify the best customer profiles
- Expand knowledge of industry as well as the competitive posture of the company— and share this knowledge with the wider team
- Build a solid understanding of the industry and sales process to spark meaningful conversations with prospects
- Coordinate with Account Executives for client status updates
- Update and maintain CRM database (Salesforce.com)
- Achieve monthly quotas of SAO's (Sales Accepted Opportunities)
- Bachelor's degree in Business a plus
- 1+ years experience in a similar role
- Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Your personal and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
- Outbound sales / business development
- Salesforce.com or a similar modern CRM tool a plus
- Comfortable making up to 50 phone calls per day
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- Passion for technology and a desire to make a major impact at a high-growth startup
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- Software sales experience a plus
- Receptive to change – is flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
- Initiates action – is results oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Meets commitments and strives for high performance.
- Manages the workload - makes timely decisions, prioritizes effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary.
- Technically proficient – knows the role and has a solid familiarity with tasks and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility for own learning - knows personal strengths and recognizes development needs. Is open to feedback and always seeks to learn.
- Communicates ideas – strong facilitation and written communication, proposes a way forward. Listens to views of colleagues and takes in diverse perspectives.
- Works collaboratively – shares information, fosters teamwork and contributes to a positive work environment where people want to come to work.
- Display ethical character and competence - acts with integrity and intent, is accountable for own actions, behaves according to the company values.
- Demonstrates UpKeep's Core Values and Beliefs - We choose people over profit, We choose progress over perfection, and We choose grit over prestige.
- Act as a good citizen of UpKeep.
- This role will receive a competitive salary + company bonus + benefits + equity. The annual base salary for US-based employees for this role is $45,000.
- A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
At UpKeep, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products, and our community to flourish. UpKeep is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Your personal and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
Full-time team members at UpKeep receive stock options, paid holidays, unlimited vacation, 10 days of sick time, 401(k), 12-week paid parental leave, affordable health insurance options, HSA with employer paid contribution, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life-harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
Company History & Product:
UpKeep was founded in 2014 by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a Process Engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a mobile-first solution could significantly improve the productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned to write code, and created the first version of UpKeep from his family's garage!
Today, our cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cutting edge Industrial IoT sensors solve problems for thousands of businesses around the world. Our Asset Operations Management solutions, coupled with powerful cloud ecosystems, empower maintenance and facilities teams to achieve their digital transformation goals. We are providing meaningful value to an underserved, blue-collar workforce by streamlining workflows, improving collaboration, and making it easy to manage work orders and projects from anywhere, anytime!
We've raised $50 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, Mucker, and Y Combinator. We're also building The Maintenance Community, the largest online forum and Slack group bringing industry professionals together to participate in discussions, webinars, podcasts, and courses.
Your application has been successfully submitted.