Who We Are
Headquartered in California, Astera Software is a rapidly-growing provider of enterprise-ready data solutions. We are on a mission to help businesses use data to innovate faster, and we accomplish this with our data integration and extraction solutions that offer a balance of performance and ease of use.
At Astera, we have a team of exceptional people who are always looking for ways to improve our product and processes, while enabling customers to do more with their data.
Ready to join the team and help businesses fuel data-driven innovation? We have an exciting opportunity for influential and effective sales leaders who have a proven track-record of driving incremental sales revenue, achieving pipeline targets, and growing the business. Come join us and explore all the benefits that come with working for a company dedicated to your success and growth.
About the Role
As the VP of Sales at Astera Software, you will work as a leader within our sales organization, developing and managing a team of highly motivated and self-driven sales representatives. You will be responsible for increasing the revenue and market share of Astera Software by successfully identifying customer opportunities and crafting a winning sales strategy to close high-value deals.
Attention to detail along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into customer value is crucial. You will be the expert in serving the data management needs of our enterprise clients, understanding their buying criteria and process. You will transfer this knowledge to your team of sales representatives, enabling them to use a consultative approach to convince the buyer, close deals quickly, and accelerate revenue growth. In addition, you will co-sell our solutions with channel partners to deliver optimum value to the customer and accelerate the sales cycle.
- 10 years of experience selling IT solutions to companies
- 7+ years of demonstrated sales leadership in an enterprise software company
- 5+ years of experience building high-performance channel enablement programs
- Proven track record of enterprise sales, securing $100k-500k+ deals, and comfort negotiating legal terms and pricing with procurement departments
- Deep understanding of the complex enterprise sales cycle. Proven ability to initiate the process, shepherd it through gating events, and remove barriers to closing.
- Strong customer-facing and presentation skills; comfortable with the executive-level audience, able to identify issues/needs through a consultative approach.
- Repeated success building, training, and scaling sales teams to achieve revenue goals.
- Proven experience defining and developing a scalable and repeatable sales process that includes effective pipeline building and management.
- Ability to travel to customer locations and industry events – estimated travel 35%
Sales and Revenue Generation
Develop and manage key sales infrastructure, including implementing efficient processes, sales forecasting, and staff training to drive pipeline build, opportunity qualification, close rate, and support revenue growth.
Measure and report on weekly pipeline development activities tied to monthly pipeline targets.
Work with Marketing, Customer Success, and Product teams to maximize team success – from campaigns and content to informing the product roadmap to meet sales needs.
Hire, develop, train, and scale a sales organization including inside sales, account managers, and sales representatives.
Coach and inspire the sales team to deliver strong revenue performances.
Work directly with sales representatives on target customer identification and account strategies.
Work at an executive level with customers/prospects and participate directly in the key agreements and accounts.
Personally engage with buyers in higher-profile deals, providing extra attention to build relationships and drive opportunities toward close.
Develop channel enablement programs that recruit and enable high performing channel partners
- Educate and inform the channel partners on the value proposition and target audience for Astera Software
- Support the delivery of sales enablement training programs to the channel partner sales teams
- Work with channel partners to outline the goals of the partnership, devise a strategy to achieve the revenue and sales targets, and report on the progress
- Healthcare: Medical and dental benefits
- Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days
- 401(k) savings plan
Equal Opportunities for Everyone
Astera Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strictly prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building the best team possible and believe that great ideas can come from anyone. All the employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual potential and qualifications, without any regard to race, color, age, religion, socioeconomic status, orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
The Astera team is diverse – we welcome and learn from different individual experiences and points of view that our teammates bring to the table. We're excited to have you inspire us with yours!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Capitalize on the Data Advantage with Our High-Performance Data Management Solutions